A dual-services agency assisting victims of domestic violence and sexual assault in Franklin and Fulton Counties.
Research indicates that between 1/3 and 1/2 of battered women are raped by their partners and that sexual abuse is characteristic of the most violent relationships.
· 1 in 4 girls and 1 in 6 boys will be sexually assaulted by age 18.
· 7 in 10 rape and sexual assault victims know their attacker prior to the assault.
· Girls who were raped are about three times more likely to suffer from psychiatric disorders and over four times more likely to suffer from drug and alcohol abuse in adulthood.
· One in every four women will experience domestic violence in their lifetime.
· An estimated 1.3 million women are victims of physical assault by an intimate partner.
· Most cases of domestic violence are not reported to the police.
If you have been the victim of any type of abuse in Franklin or Fulton Counties in Pennsylvania, WIN may be able to help you.
Feel free to browse this site. If you have comments or questions about our services, or simply need more information, you can send us a message on the contact us page.
We want you to feel safe. We are here to listen and provide you with the assistance that you need.
Visit our Links Page.
Habla espanol? Haga clic aqui.